Saturday, March 29, 2008

gifting


I gave away one of my homemades the other day. The ring above wasn't it but I can't find a picture of the right one. I know my daughter helped me take photos of it but I'm at a loss as to their location on my computer.

Well, it was made like this one, with several coils but the beads were different. The larger beads were brown glass and the smaller ones were bright blue. Or the opposite may be true.. But the ring was blue and brown.

The young lady who has been working on my teeth is studying to become a dental hygienist. We (the patients) pay the school but I don't think the students get paid. I know we don't give the students any money.

I thought it would be nice to give her a token of my appreciation because I was really really grateful to have my teeth put to rights and she did a good job.

So I put all my completed jewelry in individual baggies (most of them in the snack-sized bags), put all the bags in a plastic container, and let her pick something for herself when she was done with my teeth.

She picked a beaded ring and a pair of cowrie shell earrings that I'm gonna re-do for her. She's done with my teeth but I have to go back in a few weeks for the follow-up, so I'll take the earrings to her then.

If I have time, I'm going to crochet her a necklace too.

No comments: