Saturday, March 15, 2008

crafters around the world

I have a few friends who live overseas. Two live in Europe and the other lives in Japan. 

In all the years I've known them, I've never asked them about crafting in their lives. The two in Europe are sisters. I'm pretty sure one of them doesn't craft at all. The other might but I really should ask her. At Christmas, I sent one sister a scarf I crocheted for her (she's my original friend and her sister is my friend by extension). A few weeks later, I got a request for scarves for her sister and mom. (How could I have left them out? Silly me!) One is completed, one is almost done, and one I started and re-started a few times. 

 My friend in Japan doesn't craft either. But I'd love to know what kinds of things crafters are doing in her world. Specifically people who make beaded and/or crocheted jewelry, people who knit and crochet, and people who are making/modifying their own clothing. 

My daughter and I have standing invitations to visit my friends but we haven't yet. We don't have our passports yet (yeah. I know, I know) and I have no desire to get on a plane. But I can still make the inquiries because I'm curious. :o)

No comments: