On one occasion neither my husband nor I had any cash to tip our waiter, Darius. So I offered to crochet a warm scarf for him. He said yes.
I put the photo and pattern on Ravelry soon after. And just now, I remembered that we aren't supposed to include patterns in our Ravelry notes. We're supposed to have a link to the pattern, for either a page or a PDF file.
So I'm gonna put the pattern here so I can make this post the link "page".
All terms used are American English terms.
Darius's Royal Flush Scarf
- yarn of your choice (I used Red Heart Grande Craft Yarn)
- hook to match choice of yarn (I used a 9 mm -- aka M/N hook)
- tapestry needle to weave in ends (optional)
Finished size will depend on the dimensions you want.
Gauge is not important for this project.
Skill Level: Beginner
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
1. In multiples of 2 + 1, chain desired number of stitches.
2. Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Continue sc to end of row. Ch 1, turn.
3. Row 2: Sc in 2nd sc. *Ch 1. Sk next sc. Sc in next ch. Repeat from * to end of row. Ch 1, turn.
5. Row 3: In this row, *sc in ch 1 sp(ace), ch 1, sk next sc. Repeat from * to end.
6. Rows 4-end: Repeat Row 3 to desired length of scarf. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
I've only made this scarf once so if there are any errors, please let me know so I can make corrections.
Thanks and enjoy!